Today I went up to the area near the source of the Dão to meet Américo and Susana who offered to help with defining the route on this first leg of the Caminho. I found out that the Municipality of Aguiar da Beira has marked a walking route almost all they way along the river where we'd want to walk! We know that the first day will be pretty easy going. Found some beautiful spots looking around other parts of the valley near the river as I was driving back in the direction of Penalva do Castelo. Old bridges, bends in the river, variation in the trees along the river, rough hillsides with granite boulders scattered around. So much to discover!
- Sangemil Sunday Morning Hike ~ a glimpse of history and a full dose of the current reality of life in the Dão valley.
- Morning Hike ~ Monastery Santa Maria de Maceira Dão & rio Dão river scape.
- Day Hike ~ Biodiversity and abandoned mills between Quinta da Ponte & Entre Águas.
- Caminho do Dão Spring 2021 ~ Reconnecting with the valley.
- Press Release ~ Caminho do Dão Spring 2021